Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Dad update 11-5-08
Dad has been feeling weak the last few days, and he took a fall yesterday. He cut his head and had to have 4 staples but is doing ok. He had a MRI done last week and we got the results today. The news was very disappointing. Apparently Dad's biggest tumor is interfering with the brain stem now. The doctor says this is the reason for Dad's recent weakness and moments of blurry vision he has been having. He also only gave Dad 2-3 weeks without treatment. His platelet count is still too low to go back on his chemo pills, but Dad decided to ahead and have IV chemo done this afternoon. We are hoping Dad's blood is not affected by this type of chemo and that it controls the growth of the tumors. The plan is to see the doctor again in 2 weeks, get another dose of chemo at that time, and have a MRI in 4 weeks to see if treatment has been helpful. It's very hard to know how to pray right now, but I still ask you to pray hard for our family.