Monday, January 14, 2013

A Week in Malibu

At the beginning of my Christmas vacation, I spent a week in Malibu visiting my lifetime friend and her family.  Becca's husband is the campus minister for Pepperdine and they have 2 beautiful little girls- Bailey, nearly 4 years old, and Cassia, now 3 months old. 
Bailey got sick the day after I arrived, so we spent the week wiping her snotty nose and trying to keep everyone else well.  It was a bummer that she was sick, but we still had fun and spent some great time together.  We even did some crafting during nap time!
Yes, we were dorks and matched for church- totally not planned (of course we used to do this on purpose when we were younger) 
Sweet Bailey
Precious Cassia hanging out on the rag quilt I made for her
Becca's Mom made this sweet name plate.  Becca and I added the ric-rac and framed it.
Love it!
We made the girls matching Christmas shirts
Bailey and Cassia modeling their new shirts
We also made some hair bows and headbands for the girls
Toward the end of the week, Bailey perked up a little so we decorated some cookies.
Beautiful girls!

We also exchanged gifts while I was there.  Here are a couple of projects I made but wasn't able to share earlier.
Hooded towels for Bailey
F is for Fitzpatrick!


Thanks, Fitz family, for a wonderful week in California!

No comments: