No, this post is not about religion or a song by The Monkees from the 60's (although I am a Christian and I do love that song.) This post is again about Pinterest. Seriously, if you haven't jumped on board with this phenomenon yet, you need to! Pinterest is awesome, especially for an organizing nut like me. I love pinning all these great ideas onto organized boards with comments for my forgetful brain so I can remember them and find them later. It's just brilliant!
Anyway, back to why I'm a believer. One of my boards is called "household tips." I love that people have somehow figured out all these shortcuts, miracle solutions, and easy fixes and then put them on the internet. When I saw this pin about shredding chicken, I just knew I had to try it. Guess what!?! It totally worked! This could be a life changer, folks. I don't know how much time I've spent shredding chicken over the years, but those days are gone! Here's what I did:
To cook the chicken:
1. Cover the bottom of a 9x13" pan with water then add a little vegetable oil.
2. Place 4 rinsed boneless skinless chicken breasts in the pan.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Bake at ~375 F for 30 minutes.
5. Let cool about 10 minutes.
To shred the chicken (this is the fun part):
1. Place 2-3 warm chicken breasts in your KitchenAid mixer with the normal mixing paddle
2. Turn to speed 4 for about 5 seconds
3. Turn to speed 6 for about 5 seconds
4. DONE!! Perfectly shredded chicken and perfectly clean hands!!
I couldn't believe it actually worked and that it was so easy. I will never shred chicken by hand again!