Time for you to answer some more questions about your holiday strategies. By the way, if you did not read my Mom's 3 comments on the gift wrapping post, you need to go do that right now. Her packages always look so pretty! One little clarification on her comment- the stick-on tags she uses are not the plain little stickers that you buy by the sheet at Walmart. They are the kind that fold in half and are decorated on the front. They always coordinate with the rest of the package of course. She also always puts a jingle bell on gifts for Titus. He knows which boxes are his and I have saved all of his bells over the years.
Ok, here we go on round 2. I want to know...
1. Do you shop early or wait til the last minute? Do you find gifts all year round and have a special place set aside for them in a closet?
2. Do you participate in Black Friday shopping?
3. Do you stick to a budget for your family or just buy a certain # of gifts?
4. Do you shop in stores or mostly online?
5. If you have kids, what are some of your favorite hiding spots for gifts? (Don't worry, we won't tell them!)
6. How do you open gifts? Do you tear into them or try to unwrap with the paper perfectly intact?
7. Do you save and reuse bows, tissue paper, wrapping paper, tags, etc.?
8. How does your family open gifts? Does each person get a gift and everyone opens at the same time? Do you take turns? Who passes out gifts?
9. When do you put up and take down your Christmas tree?
10. How/when did you discover the truth about Santa?
Here are my answers.
1. I try to shop all year round, but I get most of my shopping done in November or early December. I use my craft room closet to collect items bought early. If I hid them, I would totally forget about them!
2. Every year without fail. It's much more fun if my Mom is with me, but I've done it alone too. It's just tradition for us! I could do a whole other post on Black Friday strategies!
3. We have a budget with a little flexibility built in.
4. This year I'd say 25% stores, 75% online.
5. No kids, does not apply.
6. I'm somewhere in between on this one. Gifts from my Mom can slide perfectly out of their wrapping. If you ever receive a gift from me, you don't have any options. You must tear it off because of the amount of tape used.
7. We definitely save bows (see my Mom's comment from yesterday's post.) I like to reuse tissue paper if it's in good shape, and I will occasionally save paper if I really love it.
8. In general, we tend to each get a gift and then open them kind of together. We're pretty flexible on this one. Each year we pick one person that passes out gifts and plays "Santa."
9. Tree goes up sometime after Thanksgiving and comes down around New Year's.
10. I don't remember how old I was, but I remember my brother telling me, "I found our Santa gifts in the garage!"
Please comment here or on facebook. I love learning about your holiday traditions!