Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dad update 10-28-08

Well, we spent several hours waiting yesterday just to hear the doctor tell us we have to wait more. Dad's platelet count is still too low to even consider more treatment. This means another MRI and more blood work in the next couple weeks. The doctor wants to try a different type of chemo when Dad's body finally recovers from the last round. It would be administered by IV and take about 3 hours. The doctor hopes that Dad's body will react better to this drug than the previous type if Dad chooses to continue treatment.
Overall Dad is feeling pretty good. He has moments of weakness and lightheadedness, but he is staying up all day and eating well so we're thankful for that. Please keep praying!

1 comment:

Andrea Casey said...

Oh...the waiting. :|
Yes, we'll keep praying for all of you! We love you!