Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Overview

Well, this is my first time blogging. We'll see how it goes. For those of you who don't know our current situation, I will give you a general overview.
At the end of May, my Dad was diagnosed with 3 brain tumors. The biopsy confirmed inoperable stage 4 glioblastoma mulitforme (GBM)- the most aggressive type of brain tumor. The average survival time with radiation and chemo is ~14 months. Dad has finished his 6 week radiation/chemo combination treatment and is currently in the middle of a 4 week rest from treatments. In the future, the plan is to take 5 chemo pills (1 each day) then rest 23 days. This cycle will be repeated until it is decided that the treatment is no longer beneficial.
Due to this sad news, I decided to quit my job in WA and move back home to help out and spend more time with Dad. Titus and I moved in to my parents' house the first week of July and I started a job 3 weeks later. I am working part-time as a plasma processing technician at ZLB Plasma in Albuquerque. Josh is still living in Albion, WA and should graduate with his Ph.D. in May. He plans to visit us in NM from time to time, but I don't have any planned visits to WA. We thank all of you for your support and prayers during this hard time. I will try to keep this blog as updated as I can as we continue on this journey.

No comments: