Friday, December 2, 2011

Catching Up- Family Campout

Goodness, I've been neglecting this blog lately.  Usually that would be because nothing exciting had happened, but we've actually had some fun stuff going on lately. 
Let's backtrack 2 weeks to the weekend before Thanksgiving.  This weekend is set aside for fun times with Josh's mom's side of the family.  Her sister and 2 brothers all live here in TX as well as most of their children (Josh's cousins).  Last year was our first year to join the gathering since we had been living so far away before.  This year we met at Inks Lake State Park.  This park has a lake that is maintained at a constant level even in drought years.  That meant that we could take our canoe!  We also camped at the park and used a group picnic area for our gathering. 
I wish I had taken more pictures, but I'll add more when I get them from other family members. 
Fall colors on the lake
Titus relaxing in the canoe.  He swam and swam and swam all weekend- heaven for Titus!
Exploring the lake

Josh's sister, Debby, and our nephew, Ben, checking out the canoes
Josh and his brother, Jon, learning about plants
 Sadly, that's all the pictures I took.  Once everyone else showed up, I got distracted and never picked up my camera again :(
Up next... Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments: