Monday, July 19, 2010

Our vacation

We just got back a few days ago from a vacation full of good family times.  We started in Illinois with Josh's family.  It had been 2 1/2 years since our last visit.  I didn't take very many pictures which I am now regretting.  Mostly I just captured our nephews playing together, but there were 31 of us together for one of the meals.  The Brokaw gatherings are always lots of fun and we love catching up with everyone. It also happened to be Pig Day the Saturday we were there, which explains the first picture.














Benjamin and Jackson (our nephews) chatting about their day at the pool














Jackson brushing Ben's hair














Ben was interested in Josh's watch and computer














Ben sitting in his bucket reading


















When we left IL, we went through St. Louis and stopped to try some frozen custard.


















Then it was onto Tulsa, OK for a family reunion for my Dad's side of the family.  Our last reunion was in 1988, so there was a little catching up to do!  My grandma has 6 siblings, but only 3 sisters are still living.  It was great to have them all together along with some of the children and grandchildren.

The 4 sisters- my Grandma is the beautiful woman in the black and white top.



























The whole bunch- it is so hard to get everyone to look at the same time and smile!  I hope someone else got a better picture than I did.







Our little part of the family- Josh, me, my Mom, Aunt Patty (Dad's sister), Uncle Bill (Patty's husband) and my grandparents.  My Dad's brother Bill and my brother couldn't make it. 














And what was Titus doing this whole time?  He stayed with Navi...














They did this...














And this...














And eventually this














Now we're dogsitting Navi for a couple of weeks.  He keeps Titus (and me) very busy.
Videos:
Tug of War
Tug of War, part 2
Playing chase- warning!- video may make you dizzy!

Oh, I also turned 30 while we were in IL.  No more 20s for me!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

looks like a fun trip!
do u guys swap dogsitting with that friend?

Shelly said...

I LOVE the reading bucket. I don't know why, but that just cracks me up!!
Looks like Titus is one happy boy, maybe he needs a baby brother......
Welcome to your 30's lady!! It's really not too bad, so far I've found the start of grey hair and the body aches in the morning to be the worst of it.

Amber said...

Amanda- we just started swapping dogsitting with this friend. Navi is still a puppy, so hopefully it gets even better over time.
Shelly- yes the bucket was hilarious. It's actually full of toys- it looked really uncomfortable to me, but Ben sat there for a good 10 minutes. No baby bro for Titus yet. Navi is enough for now! And... START of gray hair? I started back in college. No body aches yet though! I'm sure it's only a matter of time.