Friday, March 20, 2009

Promises kept

Today is a very special day. 39 years ago, my parents were joined in marriage. Obviously I wasn't there, but I know some very special things were said... "for better for worse, in sickness and health, for richer or poorer... 'til death do us part." It is such a blessing to have parents that kept the promises they made to each other so many years ago. I can't begin to imagine how different my life would be without the love and commitment my parents demonstrated. I know that Josh and I will follow their lead, and I pray that our marriage can be a wonderful example to our families as well.
It has been over 3 months since Dad passed away, but sometimes it feels much longer. My days are definitely up and down, but God gets me through each one. I still shed tears for my Dad nearly every day, and I still dream about him nearly every night. I know that so many of you are still praying for us. I thank you for your love and friendship and ask that you continue to pray as we continue to grieve.

1 comment:

Thomas, Becca, and Bailey said...

I love you and continue to pray for you, your Mom, and Adam. I can't believe they would have celebrated 39 years--they don't seem old enough to be married for 39 years! I pray for God's comfort and peace as well as wonderful memories to fill up your heart. Thinking about you...